1. How do I get a copy of a particular recipe that I like?
Simply click on a food photo that sparks your cravings and you will automatically be taken to the blog post to find out more. Then Click the “Get the Recipe” link.
2. How many photos may I submit at one time?
Because photos are approved in the order they are received, we ask that you limit your submissions to 3 per day. We want to give everyone who submits as much time as possible on the front page.
3. Do I have to log in to use the site?
No, the use of logins and personal galleries have been eliminated.
4. 혻I liked having a personal gallery and the ability for my post to be someone’s Favorite. 혻Why did you get rid of them?
After a great deal of research by a professional social media company, we determined that our target market does not use galleries or “favorite” recipes. 혻Most traffic comes by having an app on a high end mobile device or by using the “search” box. 혻We decided to put our money into what our target market likes instead of things they do not use.
5. 혻What is your “target market”?
Our target market is the average reader who is searching for new recipes or new twists on an old recipe or maybe just an old recipe from childhood. 혻We call them “Searchers”. 혻 There are other sites that prefer to only post perfect photos no matter what the recipe. 혻Our research shows that it is other bloggers and food professionals who only want to see perfect pictures. 혻The Searchers are more impressed with a recipe that sounds good and a photo that looks okay. 혻As long as the photo isn’t too dark or unattractive, and the photo/recipe is yours, we will post. 혻It is merely a difference in philosophy and we believe there is room for both kinds of sites on the vast Internet Highway!
1. Which photos will you accept?
Our policy is to feature your hard work as cooks and bloggers. So, if you took the time to cook it and photograph it, we will likely publish it. There are circumstances, however, under which a photo might be rejected. If it is not a photo of food that you, yourself, cooked or you do not have rights to that photo, it will be rejected. In addition, if the photo is so dark, out of focus or poorly cropped that it becomes impossible to see the food clearly, it might also be rejected. Finally, please be sure that the link you provide is to the recipe in the photo, not to your home page.
- If you feel that your image has been mistakenly posted without your consent, kindly get in touch with any of the YumGoggle staff at the contact info page of the site.
- You must provide an email address with each submission so we can contact you if we need to.
2. Who can submit pictures to YumGoggle?
Anyone and everyone are welcome to submit photos to YumGoggle.
3. What is the timeframe before a submission appears on YumGoggle?
The review process is a lot faster than the moderation process, which can sometime take as long as 12 hours. Please allow us 12 to 24 hours to publish your submission. As much as possible, we want to give each submission as much traffic before we post another one.
4. Can I submit more than one image for the same post?
YumGoggle encourages you to choose the best image for your post and submit only one. If your initial image was declined, you may then submit another image for review. Please allow time for review and wait for the result before submitting again.
5. Can I only submit images with 740혻pixels by 740 pixels?
740px x 740px is the maximum width and height.You can submit images that are smaller if you wish, but not larger. They should be no smaller than 300px x 300px. We recommend that you adjust the image size yourself so that you have full control of the outcome.
6. When a photo is Denied, we will send the submitter an email explaining why.